If DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is enabled for all programs Har-Bal does not run on Vista. This is due to Armadillo / Software Passport (the software used to control licensing of Har-Bal) and not Har-Bal itself. To resolve this problem, log in as administrator and manually configure DEP to allow Har-Bal to run without DEP protection.
The following procedure describes how to manually configure DEP on the computer:
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
3. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use one of the following procedures:
• Click Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only to select the OptIn policy.
• Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
4. Click OK two times.
NB. In future releases of Har-Bal this will no longer be an issue as we will not be using Armadillo / Software Passport for licensing.