Har-Bal Song Snap Shot

If you are looking for advice on how to use Har-Bal best, or you have some tips of your own, post them here!
Darren01274

Har-Bal Song Snap Shot

Post by Darren01274 »

Hi I have took a snap shot with a problem track any tips file added here
Attachments
Spectrum Snapshot.jpg
Spectrum Snapshot.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 15619 times
Mister

Re: Har-Bal Song Snap Shot

Post by Mister »

Without actually hearing the track, (and assuming that it is a full mix), visually there is a boost at what looks like 280Hz which can cause problems with clarity (ie: muddiness) and playback on boomboxes. I hear (and see this in HarBal) a lot with client mixes in this region (200Hz - 500+ Hz). Try making a cut where you see that peak, and then go over with IntuitQ and listen to the result. 8 times out of 10, the problem vanishes - it's almost like magic and with HarBal very quick! One other approach is one Earle frequently mentions: select the Hi-shelving filter and starting at 1kHz, gently raise the high end and listen for increased clarity. You might have to go above or below 1kHz, but that is just a starting point. Hope this helps.

Karl
Darren01274

Post by Darren01274 »

Mister wrote:Without actually hearing the track, (and assuming that it is a full mix), visually there is a boost at what looks like 280Hz which can cause problems with clarity (ie: muddiness) and playback on boomboxes. I hear (and see this in HarBal) a lot with client mixes in this region (200Hz - 500+ Hz). Try making a cut where you see that peak, and then go over with IntuitQ and listen to the result. 8 times out of 10, the problem vanishes - it's almost like magic and with HarBal very quick! One other approach is one Earle frequently mentions: select the Hi-shelving filter and starting at 1kHz, gently raise the high end and listen for increased clarity. You might have to go above or below 1kHz, but that is just a starting point. Hope this helps.

Karl
Any chance of you having a listen the mix seems lacking in bass also I have about 5 tracks I recorded in a studio that I want to use as a demo
Mister

Post by Mister »

Can you post a 30 - 50 second segment that I can download?
Darren01274

Post by Darren01274 »

it wont let me upload the mp3? do you have an email
Mister

Post by Mister »

It's listed in the userprofile. I would really prefer a wav or AIFF file if possible. Thanks!

Karl