Correct method for EQ Matching

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
har-bal
Site Admin

Correct method for EQ Matching

Post by har-bal »

While we don't usually encourage this practice, below is the correct method for matching your EQ to a reference track.

When you are matching to a reference file in Har-Bal, only match the starting and ending frequencies of YOUR track. In other words if your song is between the range between 60Hz and 17kHz, only match that region.

Here is what I do...I look for the highest peak in the low end region and start there and I look for the area where it starts to fall off in the high end. This will then be my starting and ending points.

Make sure you have "IntuitMatch" chosen...now take your cursor and find the highest peak in the low end and place your cursor there and while holding in the left mouse button, trace the outline of YOUR track until it starts to dip in the high end and just release the mouse. You are done.

If you attempt to match the Full spectrum of the reference file and your song does not take up the full spectrum you will introduce rumbling into your track because those frequencies were initially masked.

Cheers

Earle Holder
slifi757

Re: Correct method for EQ Matching

Post by slifi757 »

I cannot get this to work. Windows 8- 64-bit and I've tried damn near everything. Please help.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Correct method for EQ Matching

Post by har-bal »

slifi757 wrote:I cannot get this to work. Windows 8- 64-bit and I've tried damn near everything. Please help.
Tell us step by step what you are doing?

How far did you get reading the manual?

Cheers

Earle