Batch Recording help

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
sonicsmith

Batch Recording help

Post by sonicsmith »

Hello All --

First off, I'd like to say how much I enjoy this tool - what an eye opener. I've spent hours and hours going back and reviewing all the recording work I've done - so much fun!

Ok, my question is about batch processing of recordings. What I would like to be able to do is to take a filter that I've generated using HarBal, and apply that filter to a collection of audio files.

I can see in the HarBal menus how to perform "batch analysis" - and the HarBal documentation makes mention of "recording jobs" (in the Dialog Boxes area of the help menus). But I don't see how I can do this automatically.

My specific application is that I often receive live recordings which have already been broken down into individual tracks. I'd like to set up a filter and then apply it to all of the tracks. Right now, once I've created the filter, I have to manually load each track, then load the filter, then perform the recording operation, then move to the next track.

Is there a way to do this automatically with HarBal? Or, is there a way to perform these operations using the command line (so that I could generate batch files which perform these steps)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (and would be a real time saver!).

Thanks,
-fred
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Unfortuately the answer is no on the automation front. It would be relatively simple to add the ability to the command line though and we will probably do that in the next revision.

For now your only option is the manual approach you referred to. On the other hand the manual approach, while tedious, may give you some benefit, because it is likely that each track would benefit from filter tweaking, even if the one filter can work satisfactorily across all tracks.

Regards,

Paavo.