What happened to my inquiry?

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
kennycarvajal

What happened to my inquiry?

Post by kennycarvajal »

It's no longer available. How come?

Regards,
Kenny
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

What are you referring to exactly?
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: What happened to my inquiry?

Post by har-bal »

kennycarvajal wrote:It's no longer available. How come?

Regards,
Kenny

Kenny

You placed an inquiry here, but you also emailed the same inquiry to Paavo and myself. We both sent you emails. I was the same exact question. Check your email.

Earle
kennycarvajal

Post by kennycarvajal »

Earle,

Checked my e-mail. I never got any e-mails responding to my question from either of you, which is why I posted it here.

No biggie.

Thanks anyway.

Kenny
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

kennycarvajal wrote:Earle,

Checked my e-mail. I never got any e-mails responding to my question from either of you, which is why I posted it here.

No biggie.

Thanks anyway.

Kenny

Keyyny

Below is what I emailed you and what Paavo emailed you

Kenny

We would like you to start here. http://www.har-bal.com/ipw-web/bulletin ... m.php?f=26

Most of the questions you asked are in our tutorials. Once you go through them you will be pleasantly surprised.

To move the cursor from one spectrum plot to another just hold down the left mouse button and press the tab key on Your keyboard.

Don't worry about the yellow line when you are matching loudness. Moving the lines up and down has no effect on loudness.

Cheers
Earle

Hello Kenny,

To bypass the EQ just press the toggle EQ button. If you don't know where that is open the users manual and read the tutorial. You can do so by clicking on the "help/Example tutorial" menu item.

You say you are mastering two singles of the same track, one with vocal and instrumental. I can understand that you wish to make them sound tonally comparable but I'd caution against making them identical. As they will have different instrumentation they will naturally have different harmonic content so by making the spectrally identical will mean compromising one or the other or both.

Please read the tutorial as it will describe more fully what you should and shouldn't do. It will also explain to you how to "switch the focus"
from the green trace to the yellow trace which, incidently, you do by pressing the tab key when using one of the filter design tools (parametric EQ or shelving tools). Spend some time experimenting for yourself to get an understand of how different parts of the spectrum influence the way things sound.

Regards,

Paavo.
kennycarvajal

Post by kennycarvajal »

Sounds good.

Thanks Earl!

Regards,
Kenny