NEW har bal idea

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
MERLIN

NEW har bal idea

Post by MERLIN »

Hi,

I was wondering if you could add the function of soling selected ranges in harbal for a future release, so we could focus on a paticular band range:

LOW BASS = 40hz<
BASS = 40 - 200hz
TOP BASS = 200 - 800hz
MIDS = 800-5000hz
HIGHS = 5000 - 8000hz
TOP HIGHS = 8000hz>

I pesonally have problems fine tuning the bass regions. This option would help me a lot.

Thnks guys :)
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

I'm not following this one.

If I have a color picture and I take out all the colors except red. What will this tell you?

I believe you need to hear everything together and work on the relationships of the frequencies.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

On the face of I'd agree with you, Zumbido, though it may be that what he's after is the ability to only playback the effect of the filter applied only to a specific range and pass anything else through unmodified. That preserves full colour but limits the changes to a specific range so you can isolate the relative impact of different parts of the filter response. I can certainly see some merit in that though how helpful it would ultimately be is hard to say. It is certainly something to be considered and I will.

Ta,

Paavo.