45HZ low shelf steep cutz or boosts??.!

There are many features of Har-Bal we still haven't discussed in this forum. Below we will start sharing a few items. Please feel free to add yours.
MERLIN

45HZ low shelf steep cutz or boosts??.!

Post by MERLIN »

Hi all,

Im confused about the 45hz and below content when using Har bal.

Earlies original video tutorial (i think its earlie), points out that much of the energy below 45hzish is sub sonic and it only holds the potential volume of the track back, (since bass energy is extremely powerful.) He shows how he trimms the spectrum at about 45hz ish.

Im trying to master and old tune of mine and opened some refence files to use the intuitmatch cursor on; The 50 cent refence has a lot of bass content all the way to about 20hz, with a huge boost at 40hz. How do i go about getting a result like that. Im a bit confused about this. Is it done in the mixing stage or mastering or both? (help)

Until recently, ive been using sharp high pass filters on stomp-dance-floor-fat kicks at around 50hz to 60hz.

Im guessing that the sub bassline with sub kick is the 40hz boost in the 50 cent ref, but im unsure about how to achieve this without blowing my car speakers(my way of testing how it sounds after finishing a tune)

Thanks guys :)
MERLIN

Post by MERLIN »

:)