You decide

Har-Bal has received quite a bit of worldwide attention since it's release. Reviews and other media coverage will be posted here when it is found.
har-bal
Site Admin

You decide

Post by har-bal »

We post them as we find them.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?p=238272

Cheers

Earle
zumbido

A whole year?

Post by zumbido »

Man, has it been a whole year?

I've had similar 'discussions' on other forums.

Being an extremely impressed and happy user of Har-bal, it has amazed me, over-and-over again, how the 'dyed-in-the-wool' naysayers can blather endlessly without ever having even tried Har-Bal.

Here's to a fabulously successful 2006 for Har-Bal!
Sticky Shed

Post by Sticky Shed »

So long as there is controversy, the camera will be on you. So long as there is a "them and us", there will be an "us". Divide and conquer! :lol:
Anyway, thanks for making my life easier!
Happy New Year from across the ditch.
SS
carvings

Re: You decide

Post by carvings »

As a long time user of Harbal I am still amazed that the program is still ahead in it's time.
Being at this time 2009, this program still has the ability on the eq level to perform at a very high level.
I have several high grade costly eq plugins. To say these are all a disappointment with regard to High Shelf work would not be over the top.
Harbal's ability to tame low frequencies is a joy to perceive. The program is accessible on both a physical and mental level.
How other high class eq plugin manufacturers can fail where Paavo and Earle have succeeded at a great price point, truly escapes me.
Purchasing Harbal at the time I did was one of those "leaps of faith" one of the few that I can say really paid off in time and energy.
The rewards have been on going.
I have learnt a great deal about the science of listening and doing from Harbal.

Thank you both Paavo and Earle,

Best Regards

Carving
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Thank you for your kind words Carving!

I have an ambivalent point of view on how well it works. Without thinking about it and just listening to some of the results I have obtained I find it amazing, but if I sit back and actually think about how it works its seems logical that it should and then not so amazing.

Probably more amazing that people still vehemently criticise it for what it is (negatively) capable of in the wrong hands, rather than what it is capable of in the right ones. Perhaps that's partly why very few other products out there have similar functionality to Har-Bal. Whatever the case, I'm not one for chasing after popularity, more a fringe dweller doing what I think is right rather than necessarily and blindingly following someone elses lead.

Har-Bal is a starting point. What we have planned (and now partially implemented) for Har-Bal is well in advance of the Har-Bal you have now. It will be our foundation for pushing ahead into the future. It builds upon the Har-Bal philosophy and continues to explore that rarely trodden path we have chosen to take.

I hope we can live up to your expectations.

Cheers,

Paavo.
AF

Post by AF »

Probably more amazing that people still vehemently criticise it for what it is (negatively) capable of in the wrong hands, rather than what it is capable of in the right ones.

Ah, but as the saying goes, "it's a poor workman that blames his tools" :lol:

Har-Bal is a great little programme and I for one am looking forward to the new update

Cheers
Anton
hilltopd

Post by hilltopd »

This is the greatest single peice of software I've ever purchased. Thank's Earle I couldn't live life without it.

Thanks
Dave @ HilltopRecording.com
MelodyMan

Post by MelodyMan »

Harbal RULES. It is indispensable for my home-mastering tasks. Couldn't live without it anymore.