Exporting as high bit depth

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
cakewalkgg

Exporting as high bit depth

Post by cakewalkgg »

Hi,

I know its simple, but for what ever reason, I cannot get har-bal to export or "record as" anthing but 16 bit. I open a 32 bit wave, set up the filter and when I record as and leave to default "wav" the result is a 16 bit wave. Im not sure what i'm missing
Thanks
cakewalkgg

Re: Exporting as high bit depth

Post by cakewalkgg »

I dont know what I was doing wrong before, but now my "record as" exports are saving the same as the file I opened.. Im sure it was some kind of user error, but I dont know what I am doing different now. Anyway, problem solved.. back to the tutorials
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Exporting as high bit depth

Post by HarBal »

The implementation of that feature is less than ideal as far as the UI is concerned. Basically, it defaults to the same resolution as the source file unless you override it by selecting a different "Save as type" in the save as dialog box. The issue is that it remembers the last "save as type" so if you happen to select 16 bit and then open another file, next time you try recording your changes it will default to 16 bit. Just select PCM wave files or PCM Aiff files and it should revert back to the right resolution.

Cheers,

Paavo.