Help - Intel MacBook Pro, tiger 10.4.11, Paralleles, Window,

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
deanmadonia

Help - Intel MacBook Pro, tiger 10.4.11, Paralleles, Window,

Post by deanmadonia »

I am having trouble getting Har-bal to play the audio from the track I load. My four choices on the audio drop-down menu are:

Built-in Output
Digidesign HW (003)
Null device

The only way I can get any output (or make the transport move) is to set the audio to "Built-in Output," his is quite frustrating. I can hardly master something I can only hear through my MacBooks built-in speakers...

The driver drop-down menu has radio buttons that say:

ASIO (this will not allow me to choose it)
Direct X ("Primary Sound driver" or "Intel(r) Integrated Audio")
or
Multimedia ("Intel(r) Integrated Audio 5.10")

it seems I have tried every combination here and no luck....

I am using a MacBook Pro notebook - dual 2.16 gig Mac os 10.4.11, the latest version of "Paralllels" so I can run Windows XP (with service pack 3).

Please tell me what i am not doing right here, because I am really looking forward to using Har-Bal on a country project I have just completed :)

Pavvo told me to download an ASIO driver, I have done this, must be the wrong one, I get a "bad device" message.

I can only hear audio if I choose internal and hear it through the MacBook pro's speakers - very bad...

WHO IS DOING THIS SUCESSFULLY? Please
email and post:

deanmadonia@yahoo.com

HELP!!!!!
Gordon Gidluck

Re: Help - Intel MacBook Pro, tiger 10.4.11, Paralleles, Window,

Post by Gordon Gidluck »

I may be in over my head on this one, but here is a suggestion...

I would try the Digidesign ASIO driver here if you want to make it work with Windows XP.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?lan ... emid=23087

It says that it is a single client driver...
The ASIO Driver is not multi-client. Only one application at a time can use the ASIO Driver. Be sure to disable the Windows system sounds. It is also recommended that you use a separate sound card for games or other general work.

The ASIO Driver cannot be used if another application on the system is sending audio to Digidesign hardware through the Digidesign Wavedriver. If your system has both the Wavedriver and ASIO Driver installed be sure to disable Windows system sounds. It is also recommended that you use a separate sound card for games or other general work.
deanmadonia

Re: Help - Intel MacBook Pro, tiger 10.4.11, Paralleles, Window,

Post by deanmadonia »

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am watching my 3-year-old right now, but I will try that tomorrow. I did download a driver, but I am not sure it is that one.

We'll see. If I can get this to work, I will post the results - Har-Bal is a really great program

Dean