How Can I Achieve This

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Darren01274

How Can I Achieve This

Post by Darren01274 »

I have had a bunch of tracks Pro Mastered and they all have nice tight bass, I am looking to match a few new tracks how can I achieve a similar sound so that the others play at the same kind of sound. I have tried matching the bass region but doesnt seem to work.

I tried to attach the .anl file but wouldnt let me?
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: How Can I Achieve This

Post by HarBal »

How about sending us (har-bal support http://www.har-bal.com/index.php?/Conta ... hp?catid=6) a track as an mp3 so we can help you understand the process a little better.

Chances are, your problems may well lie outside the bass region and be elsewhere : tight bass us usually a result of the higher harmonics being more prominent than the fundamental.

Also, whilst studying well recording material in Har-Bal is informative, I'd advise against direct referencing. Use your ears and the visual feedback Har-bal gives you to experiment with the equalisation. Working that way, over time you will learn to aurally identify problem areas and won't need to rely on references at all.

The referencing feature in Har-Bal is principally there to aid in getting a consistent sound to compilations and not EQ ripping.

regards,

Paavo.
Darren01274

Post by Darren01274 »

Hi could you send me your Email Address I tried to send you a message via the link you put up but wouldnt work.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

You have two options. Send me an email via the support link I gave you and I'll reply with my email address, or send the file via a link with the web site www.yousendit.com . I gather the reason it failed was because of the size of the attachment. Using yousendit will get around that. Also note that whatever you send me should be less than 10Mb or you'll go over my inbox limit.

Cheers,

Paavo.

PS - the reason why I don't post email addresses on forums is because spammers use web bots to trawl for email addresses. You post them to forums and you'll find your inbox being flooded by SPAM.
Darren01274

Post by Darren01274 »

Hi Paavo

I sent you Email at the Contact page.

Cheers
Darren