weird problem

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
media123

weird problem

Post by media123 »

hey there!

i got har-bal a few days ago and came across a weird problem while trying to master a song with it.
the problem is the following:
every time i load the song into the programm, the sound of the song changes without me doing something.
i've now uploaded two clips of the same song, one just exported from cubase, the second one i simply imported into har-bal and then exported again (without touching or twisting anything).

song1

song1(with har-bal)

what annoys me is the sound of the snaredrum at around 0.05 and the little "crackles" before and after that.

i hope, the links are working and help would really be appreciated.

thanks, cheers
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: weird problem

Post by HarBal »

That download site is a complete pain in the butt. I managed to get the Har-Bal version but not the original. Everytime I tried the download either stalled or the server couldn't be found. Can you send the file direct to har-bal support and if your email account won't allow that then use www.yousendit.com instead.

When I get hold of the file I'll be able to investigate the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Paavo.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Thanks,

I got the file now. I'll have a look at the problem when I get back tonight. It would be helpful if you could send me an email (through harbal support) so I can communicate with you directly over the problem. When we have it solved I can follow up on the forum.

Thanks,

Paavo.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I've got your file and run it through Har-Bal with a flat filter response and no gain and I get the same output as the input file as expected. I can't reproduce the problem you mention. The output file I get is different from the one you supplied (ccc_eq.wav). I even went as far as applying a gain of 1dB and my Har-Bal still behaved as I expected it to. We did have a problem like this in an earlier release of 2.3 but it was resolved in 2.3 release 3.

Open up Har-Bal, select the Help/About menu item and then tell me what version number is displayed. It should be version 2.3 release 3. If it isn't then send us an email giving the name you purchased the software under and we can supply you with an update.

One thing I would point out is that the sample you gave has clipped samples in it and the extra glitches your version of Har-bal is producing occurs at the times those clipped samples in the original track occur.

regards,

Paavo.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

media123 wrote:hey there!

i got har-bal a few days ago and came across a weird problem while trying to master a song with it.
every time i load the song into the programm, the sound of the song changes without me doing something.
i've now uploaded two clips of the same song, one just exported from cubase, the second one i simply imported into har-bal and then exported again (without touching or twisting anything).

song1

song1(with har-bal)

what annoys me is the sound of the snaredrum at around 0.05 and the little "crackles" before and after that.

thanks, cheers

Hello

Please send us your customer number and your full name.

ThanKs

Earle
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

media123 wrote:hey there!

song1

song1(with har-bal)

thanks, cheers
We are unable to find a record of your purchase. Please provide the information we requested to receive assistance.

Earle
henry007

Post by henry007 »

Hi Mr. Paavo,
I've Open up my Har-Bal, select the Help/About then the version number displayed is version 2.3 revision 1. Is this the same version of 2.3 release 3 or it is actually version 2.3 release 1. Can I have the updated version for the 2.3 release 3 / revision 3 ?
Thanks..
HarBal wrote:I've got your file and run it through Har-Bal with a flat filter response and no gain and I get the same output as the input file as expected. I can't reproduce the problem you mention. The output file I get is different from the one you supplied (ccc_eq.wav). I even went as far as applying a gain of 1dB and my Har-Bal still behaved as I expected it to. We did have a problem like this in an earlier release of 2.3 but it was resolved in 2.3 release 3.

Open up Har-Bal, select the Help/About menu item and then tell me what version number is displayed. It should be version 2.3 release 3. If it isn't then send us an email giving the name you purchased the software under and we can supply you with an update.

One thing I would point out is that the sample you gave has clipped samples in it and the extra glitches your version of Har-bal is producing occurs at the times those clipped samples in the original track occur.

regards,

Paavo.
Last edited by henry007 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

2.3 release 1 is the version that has the bug. Version 2.3 release 3 has the fix. I have just sent it to you.

regards,

Paavo.