Can't Find Support Files

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Charming

Can't Find Support Files

Post by Charming »

Hey Gang, First of all, I want to sincerely thank the guys at Har-Bal for their recent upgrade! Not only for making it work on the Mac (YAY!) but for all the improvements and the great upgrade price as well. Great job all around and, made a great Christmas gift to myself. There's only one small hitch. I'm using the Mac and I can't find the support files anywhere. Can you tell me where they were installed? Thanks again. You guys are the best.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Can't Find Support Files

Post by HarBal »

What support files are you referring to? The help files are in the application bundle. You can access them from the help menu.

cheers,

Paavo.
Charming

Post by Charming »

Hi Paavo,
No the files I'm referring to are the WAV files and the Reference files and such. Thanks
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

There have never been any wav files bundled with Har-Bal. The .ref files in version 2.3 don't exist in version 3 irrespective of the platform. Reference matching is not something we want to encourage because it encourages the wrong approach to EQ'ing tracks. See the tutorial for the recommended approach to EQ'ing tracks.

That's not to say you can't and shouldn't use referencing. I use it regularly to obtain a consistent tone in a collection of tracks.

If references are important to you then just create your own reference files. Open a reference wav file that is consistent with your target genre and sound great and the simply use the "File/Export reference..." menu command to export the analysis snapshot to file. That file can then be opened as a reference.

cheers,

Paavo.