Cannot get full start up of Harbal 3 on Laptop

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
DuncJF

Cannot get full start up of Harbal 3 on Laptop

Post by DuncJF »

Hi Paavo/Earle

First of all: Happy New Year to you both. :D

I'm trying to use Harbal 3 (licensed final 3.01 version) on my Windows 7 64bit latop.

I have an ASIO driver for my Novation X station and onboard Realtek chip utilising ASIO4All available, but Harbal does not see either one. Both of these ASIO drivers are 'seen' by REAPER and Presonus Studio 1 with no problems. Harbal does not see any Windows Multimedia drivers either (they are available within my Windows 7 setup).
The main Harbal program just hangs at startup and the Player opens the driver menu page, but I have no drivers to select and cannot proceed any further.

I'm also using Harbal on my home PC with no problems (RME Fireface drivers).

Any idea what is going on ?
Is it possible to physically point to Harbal to ASIO driver locations.

Thanks for any input to my problem.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get full start up of Harbal 3 on Laptop

Post by HarBal »

Can you direct your tech support queries to the support email address to obtain prompt service. It might also help in stopping a lot of pollution in the forum. For common faults we can post a solution to inform others.

I'm guessing the problem is that your 64 bit drivers don't support 32 bit, but they should. You could try installing more up to date drivers, though if it's ASIO you're after I doubt that will help as ASIO uses a COM interface and I'm not sure the WOW64 32 bit support mechanism will work for that proprietory interface. You should be able to get DirectX drivers that work though.

You might just have to wait for the 64 bit build, though it seems strange that the factory supplied sound card driver does not support 32 bit. I would have thought that it would have to be Windows compliant.

cheers,

Paavo.
DuncJF

Post by DuncJF »

Thanks for the reply Paavo.

I've just carried out a diagnostic check on DirectX with no problems found...strange.
I guess I'll wait for the 64bit build of Harbal to see if that alters anything. Any idea when you'll have the 64bit build available ?

Thanks.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Probably a couple of weeks. I've got a new 64 bit machine to test with but my code base needs some tweeking. It's right for OS X 64 bit builds but I've got some compilation issues to resolve on WIN32 64 bit cos they use a different set of sizes for intrinic C / C++ types.

cheers,

Paavo.