Let's Talk

We are currently looking for beta testers around the world to help test our forthcoming application Har-Bal 3.0
To apply to be a Har-Bal 3.0 beta tester all you need is to be a current/registered owner of Har-Bal and contact us with your request via email from our contact page.
Currently there is no manual provided. Registered users will have no problem navigating around the new version
Girore

Re: Let's Talk

Post by Girore »

Here's a clip of a song we did and wich is finalized/ mastered with Harbal 3.
I like the way Harbal let you compare a source and destination of song.
I still have a lot to discover of the third incarnation, but i'm getting closer.

The song is mixed with a UAD-system on cubase 6.

I noticed there is one mistake in the sound.
somewhere in the middle the highs are a moment to loud. :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCKFT5nzfTQ

grtz. Hans
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Overall, it sounds great and it is an excellent song.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Earle

Har-Bal
sstillwell

Post by sstillwell »

Loving it so far. Mid/Side is definitely a great addition to an already great tool.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/375779/IfYouLov ... Say-HB.mp3

Did some live 24-track recording a few months ago that I'm just now getting time to work on (the band was getting the recording for free, I was getting to test out my brand new rack of Focusrite goodies...)

Beware, the count-in is deceptively quiet...if you set your volume to that you're going to get a rude surprise when they kick in. :)

Scott
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Just in case anyone is wondering what is happening with HB3, given that I've been so quiet lately, the story is I've been working on the Mac port.

As it stands, I have HB3 up and running under Mac OSX though there are some GUI issues I have to sort out before releasing it as a Beta. If all goes well that should happen in a month or less.

After that the licensing back end on the web server needs to be implemented and after that an official release then becomes possible.

It has certainly been a long a drawn out process and much longer than I would have liked but I can see this particular journey coming to a fruitful conclusion.

cheers,

Paavo.
thesongf

Post by thesongf »

While I have been using 2.3 all along, I have not been following the goings-on around har-bal recently - but I am very happy to have this latest update. I've recently ported myself over from PC to mac, so your porting a valuable part of my production chain comes as a surprise and a pleasure.

Thanks, Paavo!

bzb
THE SONG FACTORY
Words and Music, made to order(TM)

WWW: http://www.thesongfactory.com
DuncJF

Post by DuncJF »

Hi Paavo,

Are we anywhere near to a release I can pay for ?
My beta license has expired again and it's getting to be a pain for me to keep asking for a new one. :oops:
I'm sure it must be getting to be a pain for you to supply another one.

Cheers

Dunc
sstillwell

Post by sstillwell »

I'd be happy to have a refresh of my beta license as well...just got some new Equator Audio D5 monitors and am back in tweaking mode for a while.

FWIW, I can also test on Mac when that becomes available.

Cross-platform development is a severe pain in the hind end, isn't it?

Scott
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Dunc and Scott,

I'm working on the infrastructure needed so people can "buy" it. What I mean by that is that web server support for licensing is required to make the new software licensing system function seamlessly. That's what I'm working on at the moment. It should be ready for beta testing in about a week.

Apart from not having been beta tested, the Mac port is complete. Overall, the port process wasn't that much trouble because I aimed for portable code right from the start. Most of the grief is just coming to terms with different development tools but now I'm pretty used to using GCC and automake so that's not much trouble now.

Did some limitations / bugs in OSX support of wxWidgets to fix but that is sorted now too. The biggest issue with this build apart from the new development tools has been building a new licensing model and the infrastructure to go with it so I can put software passport to bed. That is nearly sorted now too.

As per usual with me though, the documentation is not complete though, so even after the next beta is out I'll be head down re-writing the help to go with the software. When that's all done and dusted a release can happen.

cheers,

Paavo.
Martin Burrow

Post by Martin Burrow »

Hi Paavo,

Put me down for the new beta, I'm about to start on a mastering project so the timing is perfect. HB 2.3 is still great as well :)

Also I'll be happy to pay upfront for the upgrade.

Cheers
Martin
audioguy

Post by audioguy »

Glad to hear it's coming together, Paavo! :) I've been wondering myself, since it's been so long since Mac beta testing seemed imminent. Awaiting the word...

Cheers!
Christopher
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Christopher and Martin,

Send me an email and I'll put you on the beta list. I'm just about ready to put the next one out on mass but am fixing up a couple of issues. If all goes well it should be out (the beta) in the next couple of days.

cheers,

Paavo.
audioguy

Post by audioguy »

Hey - do you want us to open discussion threads here, or discuss with you via email?
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Email please. It's easier for me to keep track of at this stage.

cheers,

Paavo.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

At this stage, email is preferrable.

cheers,

Paavo.
Jrel

Post by Jrel »

I've been avidly anticipating this next version. Any ETA on release date? =)