Harbal and XP SP3

We are currently looking for beta testers around the world to help test our forthcoming application Har-Bal 3.0
To apply to be a Har-Bal 3.0 beta tester all you need is to be a current/registered owner of Har-Bal and contact us with your request via email from our contact page.
Currently there is no manual provided. Registered users will have no problem navigating around the new version
alexande

Harbal and XP SP3

Post by alexande »

Hi, I bought and installed Harbal 3 on my windows XP SP3 machine.So heres the issue now. I have the program installed on an XP SP3 machine and when i click on the desktop icon it says " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel.
Why should I have to do this? Doesnt the installer do this for me? When I click OK the program comes up and a dialog box saying " This copy of harbal is not licenced Create or install a licence? Sio I click install as I have the licence file. I select the licence file ...click OK nad a dialog box says " Can not write licence library c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\har-bal/harbal 3.0 ( etc....) Is this and issue with XP only? Will it be fixed as I would like to re purchace if it gets fixed.
alexande

Re: Harbal and XP SP3

Post by alexande »

Fixed. You have to manually create the folder on your drive to get this working. Alls well.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

This happens because Windows XP SP3 is a very old version of windows that does not support the security measures (UAC user access control) that are in place in Windows Vista and 7. The solution is as you suggested.

cheers,

Paavo.
goula

Post by goula »

Thank you very much for the tip, Alexande.

>>> XP SP3 here.

>>> I had to manually create the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Har-Bal\Har-Bal 3.0"
(this Har-Bal 3.0 installer couldn't create it on its own with XP SP3).

>>> Then, Har-Bal 3.0 was able to write a hblic.dll file within this folder, and now everything is ok.