Har-Bal 3.0 Mac First Impressions

We are currently looking for beta testers around the world to help test our forthcoming application Har-Bal 3.0
To apply to be a Har-Bal 3.0 beta tester all you need is to be a current/registered owner of Har-Bal and contact us with your request via email from our contact page.
Currently there is no manual provided. Registered users will have no problem navigating around the new version
Loopy C

Har-Bal 3.0 Mac First Impressions

Post by Loopy C »

In a nutshell...OUTSTANDING release!

Testing Mac version this morning...so far, absolutely rock solid.

Really liking the new features, especially the 'filter segments' concept...different filter design for different song sections. Along with the built-in loudness compensation, so far sounds seamless while providing unique solutions for different sections of a track. This really takes things to a new level 8)

Look forward to getting more into the 'Air' and 'Dynamics', thus far proving to be clever and useful approaches to common situations.

The new 'Introduction' and 'Tutorial' sections of 3.0 manual are VERY well done, I feel like after somewhat of a lapse using Har-Bal 2.3 with Mac/Crossover combo, suddenly I am where I wanted to be with technique/application/result in 3.0 after reading/re-reading these sections :D

All-in-all, a VERY useful and totally unique tool IMHO and most welcome as a native Mac app, thank you ;-)

(and thanks again for the great support over the years, including the practically immediate response last night to upgrade procedure/pricing :))

btw moderater, feel free to move this post to appropriate section, this seemed to be only topic option I could create a post to related to 3.0
Chris R Gibson (aka Loopy C)
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Har-Bal 3.0 Mac First Impressions

Post by HarBal »

Thanks for the compliment Loopy C. We did spend substantial time on it to make sure it was solid so it is good to here that it is. Similarly, I spent quite a lot of time on the documentation to highlight, in an understandable way, the key things you should know about using this version of Har-Bal. There are some mistakes and omissions but we wanted to get it out there and I'm thoroughly in need of a break from this to clear my head.

I'm happy to see that you've changed your mind a bit. I recall seeing a post from you suggesting this tool was for a "mad scientist". I guess that means the documentation was thorough enough to make the new functionality understandable.

cheers,

Paavo.
Loopy C

Post by Loopy C »

HarBal wrote: I recall seeing a post from you suggesting this tool was for a "mad scientist".
? I don't recall that ? (and I searched the forum also) but I certainly consider myself a 'mad scientist' (in the experimental/creative sense) so it's a good fit for me ;-)
Chris R Gibson (aka Loopy C)
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Sorry, my recollection was wrong. It was in fact, someone going by the name of doughboy on the VS-planet forum. Maybe he hasn't changed his mind.

cheers,

Paavo.
cskelnik

Post by cskelnik »

Pay no attention to 'doughboy' - he has a hard time even knowing how to turn his computer on! As a long time Har-Bal user, I've been an advocate of the product on VS-Planet and other forums. I bought version 3 over the weekend, and you've done a great job explaining the new features and inner-workings on the website! Once I've had a chance to play around with the new interface a bit, I'll post something on the Planet forums about it.

Keep up the great work!

Chris Skelnik (aka 'Hook')
VS-Planet Admin