My machine is not connected to the Internet

har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

If your machine is not connected to the internet

Press the create button when prompted to create a license.

The browser opens a html page called license.html or if you don't have a browser installed then Har-Bal tells you where it is saved. If the browser is open you can go File Save As and save the html file to a thumb drive and transfer it to your other machine. Similarly, if you don't have a browser you can copy the file from the location stated in the Har-Bal message box to the thumb drive.

The only caveat is that you may need to change the options on explorer so that it will show files in the accounts folders. Go to Tools/Folder options in explorer, click on the view tab and in the advanced settings under the "files and folders/Hidden files and folders" folder make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.

The licenses are bound to the network device MAC address. You must have a network device on the computer (that doesn't mean it needs to be connected to the internet) and create the license for that computer. When you press the create button to create a license there is a message box displayed on Har-Bal. Follow the instructions there to create a license for it.

When you press Create does a browser open up? If so then use the File/Save As menu item to save the license.html to a thumb drive. Transfer it to a computer with internet connection and open it with a browser. Then enter the required information and press create.
Hyvver

Post by Hyvver »

Now I checked the box on simulatedDriver where it says enabled, and the ethernet is green and the status on the virtualPLC is connected but machine still says disconnected. I am getting frustated I dont know what else to do I dont see any more settings.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: My machine is not connected to the Internet

Post by HarBal »

Any particular reason you are running it under a virtual box?

Did you click on and read the "How to Install" link on the page where you downloaded the software? If not then please do so as It explains in great detail how you should create a license for a machine not connected to the internet. If you don't use the correct procedure it will not work.

cheers,

Paavo.