Any news about next version

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
janpetter

Re: Any news about next version

Post by janpetter »

HarBal wrote:Thought I'd post a follow up on progress. I'm about a month behind where I was planning to be so Beta release of HB3 is not likely until November. I'm sorry for the slipping schedule but I want to have this beta as robust as possible before releasing to you.

That being said, we are very happy with how things are shaping up with the development version. In the last few weeks I've built some filter files for commercial releases that anyone will be able to download along with a free HB player app that will showcase HB capabilities. Beta users will be able to download the filter files too, to uncover the filter structure and understand how it was done. The only thing that won't be free is the commercial tracks themselves which you'll either have to buy or, if you happen to already have the CD or mp3, use your existing copy. I want to use commercial releases to avoid any possibility of people suggesting the examples are contrived to be easy for HB.

As an aid to cope with mp3 files as source material, I've been adding conversion support for the mp3 format via Windows acm codecs to convert mp3 into wav so HB can process them. This will happen transparently provided you have a mp3 codec installed on Windows.

cheers,

Paavo.

Paavo , if you need one more beta tester sign me up :-)
All the best
Jan
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Final update post prior to beta roll-out. I have now constructed a feature complete HB3 prototype. All that remains is to resolve how to implement software licensing so that I can ditch Software passport / Armadillo.

As an interim measure I'll probably just use Software passport for a first beta release and then work on figuring out how to do an in house one during the beta program. However, It will take some time to get organised for an initial beta release as I need to create a web page for my demo player app and demo filters and put together some beta notes so you will know how to use the beast (there is no users manual as yet).

Stay tuned.

cheers,

Paavo.
Jyri T.

Post by Jyri T. »

Haba haba haba!!!

Christmas came a month early this year!

:D
DuncJF

Post by DuncJF »

Hi Paavo,

What are the chances of us all getting a Festive Holiday surprise in the form of a Beta to work with :?:

Hopefully it won't be too long before something is let loose...

8)
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I'd say very good chances for getting your hands on version 3 beta for Windows before Christmas. I'm just in the process of finalising the workings of licensing. When that's done I can start making Beta's available.

cheers,

Paavo.
DuncJF

Post by DuncJF »

That's good to know.

I'll look forward to getting my hands (virtual of course) on it... :D
janpetter

Post by janpetter »

HarBal wrote:I'd say very good chances for getting your hands on version 3 beta for Windows before Christmas. I'm just in the process of finalising the workings of licensing. When that's done I can start making Beta's available.

cheers,

Paavo.

8) 8) 8)
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

For those eagerly awaiting HB3 beta, I'm having some issues with the licensing code. It works on some machines and not others. Until I can figure out why it's failing it's not going out. That being said, I'm hopeful I can figure it out before Christmas. Sorry for the extended wait.

cheers,

Paavo.
janpetter

Post by janpetter »

HarBal wrote:For those eagerly awaiting HB3 beta, I'm having some issues with the licensing code. It works on some machines and not others. Until I can figure out why it's failing it's not going out. That being said, I'm hopeful I can figure it out before Christmas. Sorry for the extended wait.

cheers,

Paavo.

So I guess we`ll have to wait till early 2011 :-)

All the best
Jan
shanecgriffo

Post by shanecgriffo »

sign me up! :wink:
janpetter

Post by janpetter »

What`s cooking , Paavo ? :-)

All the best
Jan
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Jan,

As per usual for the Christmas period, I've been taken up by family things. As I didn't figure out the problem prior to Christmas it got put aside for a bit. I actually understand the cause of the problem now so I should be able to fix it relatively quickly when I get some time. Unfortunately for you, my time at the moment is preoccupied with German friends that are staying with us at the moment. However, I think I should have the issue fixed within the next week as our friends are set to go home in the next few days.

Hope you had a good Christmas and New year.

cheers,

Paavo.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

You'll be happy to know that I've sorted out the issue with the licensing scheme. We are now set to formally announce the beta program so stay tuned.

cheers,

Paavo.
janpetter

Post by janpetter »

HarBal wrote:You'll be happy to know that I've sorted out the issue with the licensing scheme. We are now set to formally announce the beta program so stay tuned.

cheers,

Paavo.

Paavo , that`s great news :-) I`m tuned and ready !!!

All the best
Jan
DuncJF

Post by DuncJF »

That's good news indeed. Like Jan, I'm also ready and waiting...

:D