Any plans for a plugin version?

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
bchase72

Any plans for a plugin version?

Post by bchase72 »

I know you were thinking about this a few years back and then maybe dropped the idea. What are you thinking these days?

I love Har-Bal and use it every day. A VST version would save me a ton of time - not having to go back and forth between it and my DAW. Thanks.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Any plans for a plugin version?

Post by HarBal »

It's on the list but not on a high priority. There is a bunch of other things I want done before making Har-Bal a plugin host.

cheers,

Paavo.
bchase72

Post by bchase72 »

Hi Paavo,

Thanks for your response. I actually meant the other way around, with Har-Bal being the VST rather than the host.

Thanks,
Ben
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Har-Bal is never likely to be a plugin. It's too limiting. The deep level of processing in Har-Bal 3 is simply not possible in a plugin framework and we've only scratched the surface of what's possible. That a why a plugin is not under consideration.

The only time I'll ever be tempted to bother with plugin development is when I've exhausted ideas for extending Har-Bal standalone and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

cheers,

Paavo.
bchase72

Post by bchase72 »

Thanks for the explanation, Paavo. I'm sorry to hear that. I've been demoing Zynaptiq's UNFILTER for frequency balancing tasks and getting really good results. The ability to do this from within my DAW is a big selling point for me. I hope at some point you'll reconsider.