Mac version?

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
s_e_a_n

Mac version?

Post by s_e_a_n »

Hi,

Don't want to be a nag... but any idea of when the Mac version might be ready?
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

How about December 2005 sometime. We're working on it.

Regards,

Paavo.
Robert H

Post by Robert H »

Thats the exact question I was going to ask today.

I use a PC in the studio, but it will be great to have Har Bal for my Mac Powerbook.

BTW, Earle/Paavo,

Seeing as Apple have announced they will be using Intel chips in the future does this change your plans for OSX...I mean does this make it easier to port over in some way?

As far as I can tell, its seems that Mac software will be able to run on PC's in the future, and vice/versa

Just interested.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

The processor being used is largely a non-issue as far as the port goes. There is only a small quantity of inlined Assembler code in HarBal in very specific places that needs re-coding for each different processor supported. It would only amount to 100 lines or less of code so it really doesn't pose much of an issue. Platform specific issues like how they support wave output (ie. playback to sound cards) is actually a bigger portability issue than the processor type used.

Cheers,

Paavo.
Loopy C

Post by Loopy C »

Great news on a ballpark figure for Mac version. You have my definite purchase when this happens :wink:
Chris R Gibson (aka Loopy C)
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

I second that Loopy!

I have seen/heard this proggy first hand on the PC and it is worth more than every cent.
Can't wait for the Mac version!!!

JG
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

On the Mac version, It will be late but I have started on it! I appologise for the run around and the repeated delays. To avoid dissappointment all I can suggest is stop asking about it and it may materialise when you least expect it.

This year has been incredibly busy and tiring for me and finding time to work on the Mac port has been difficult. That is essentially the reason for the non movement of the project. Most of my time constraints from this year have actually been personal issue, not least of which is baby sitting my 2 and 4 y.o. daughters on the days I have to work! As a consequence it has been painfully slow.

Now it is awfully close to Christmas and I just feel like a holiday so I'm afraid I'm going to dissappoint.

My appologies,

Paavo.
sstillwell

Post by sstillwell »

Eh...Merry Christmas to you...we won't nag you for a while. Everyone deserves a break now and again. 2.0 was a big push, we appreciate it. :)

Looking forward to it when you do get a chance. Really liked the final version of 2.0, can't wait to see it on OS X.

Scott
Poppatwang

Post by Poppatwang »

Bumpety-Bump.