Very minor gripe

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
PristineAudio

Very minor gripe

Post by PristineAudio »

It is possible to open Har-Bal in such a way that the Ref button is pressed down but the reference file is not loaded (I'm not sure how but it's happened to me on a couple of occasions - perhaps it was deleted?). Without thinking about this (or noticing at first) I've hit the spacebar to start playback and Har-Bal has crashed, or rather, vanished!

The first time I had this happen, with 2.0 I think, it took me ages to figure out what the problem was! The second time I spotted it right after re-loading the program and main file, unclicked REF, and everything was fine.

It would be great to see an error message along the lines of "No Reference File Loaded" at this stage... :wink:
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Sounds like a programming oversight on my part. I'll make a fix for it. I'm pretty sure I put in a fix for the crash in the latest build though I could be wrong. I'll check.

Thanks,

Paavo.