Vocal Matching - Harbal is very useful....

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
AntonyR

Vocal Matching - Harbal is very useful....

Post by AntonyR »

At the weekend on Saturday I did a vocal recording for a new song, and on Sunday decided to change the lyric on the second verse slightly, so re-recorded the second verse again. Now, my voice sounded subtley different on Sunday even after warming up and I may not have been standing in exactly the same spot, so the recording of the 2nd verse was just subtley different from the first. So I use Harbal to obtain the .anl file for the first verse and then used this to match to the second verse recording......

.....did it work? Absolutely. As the difference was subtle and the recordings were of the same voice, it made just the subtle difference needed to make it sound as though it was from the same vocal take.

I also used the Loudness matching to ensure accurate matching of the loudness between verse 1 and verse 2 - to keep consistency in this way.

May be useful to know, if you don't want to redo the whole vocal take.

Antony
Antony Richards

My Music: http://www.artistlaunch.com/AntonyRichards

Cubase SX v3.1 - Halion 3.1 - VG (Electric)
Waves Platinum - RMIV - Autotune 3 - HarBal - Jamstix - dfhSuperior - NI Guitar Rig - Trilogy
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Vocal Matching - Harbal is very useful....

Post by har-bal »

AntonyR wrote:At the weekend on Saturday I did a vocal recording for a new song, and on Sunday decided to change the lyric on the second verse slightly, so re-recorded the second verse again. Now, my voice sounded subtley different on Sunday even after warming up and I may not have been standing in exactly the same spot, so the recording of the 2nd verse was just subtley different from the first. So I use Harbal to obtain the .anl file for the first verse and then used this to match to the second verse recording......

.....did it work? Absolutely. As the difference was subtle and the recordings were of the same voice, it made just the subtle difference needed to make it sound as though it was from the same vocal take.

I also used the Loudness matching to ensure accurate matching of the loudness between verse 1 and verse 2 - to keep consistency in this way.

May be useful to know, if you don't want to redo the whole vocal take.

Antony

Antony

Glad you found that out. A lot of folks don't understand that their vocals sound different at different times of the day. Har-Bal corrects this issue very easily.

Thanks for sharing that with forum.

Cheers

Earle