more than one reference file

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
iskra

more than one reference file

Post by iskra »

dont know if this has been asked before but I would like the ability to import multiple reference files, it shouldnt be too hard to implement (though I could see the screen could get a bit crowded)

why?

I use har-bal as a mixing (& learning aid) as much as a mastering tool, if I have frequency clashes, say bass & kick ..I record a snippet of each, import one into har-bal & use the other as a reference. This allows you to see exactly where the frequency clash is. It allows you to see what happens after making eq changes. It helps to fit everything in your mix together, especially if your room accoustics etc aren't great.
If you could import several reference files you could get a visual pictures across your entire mix, which would a be fantastic analytic tool.
Jrel

Re: more than one reference file

Post by Jrel »

iskra wrote:dont know if this has been asked before but I would like the ability to import multiple reference files, it shouldnt be too hard to implement (though I could see the screen could get a bit crowded)

why?

I use har-bal as a mixing (& learning aid) as much as a mastering tool, if I have frequency clashes, say bass & kick ..I record a snippet of each, import one into har-bal & use the other as a reference. This allows you to see exactly where the frequency clash is. It allows you to see what happens after making eq changes. It helps to fit everything in your mix together, especially if your room accoustics etc aren't great.
If you could import several reference files you could get a visual pictures across your entire mix, which would a be fantastic analytic tool.

I think this is a great idea too.
shanecgriffo

Post by shanecgriffo »

yes i'll second this, i just came to post about this too..
to load a couple of different ref files would be a great tool for comparing the spectrum of multiple mixes, and maybe combining this information for the one you are working on!
-to be able to turn each reference on/off would be a good workflow.
I can even imagine being able to directly listen to preselected bits of those 'reference' songs ..e.g the chorus build up bit, soft verse etc.. for a quick ear check..
I can imagine all these different modules for doing things (people love their gadgets!) haha.. sorry , just thinking big. :wink: