Any news on the Mac version?

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
HarBal
Site Admin

Re: Any news on the Mac version?

Post by HarBal »

Yes. A Mac version is still under development as part of HarBal version 3. As mentioned in the cross-referenced thread, this is a major re-write with much new in it. That is the principle reason it is taking the length of time that it is. We have no desire of releasing a sub-standard product.

When we have settled on a stable feature set we will be able to make a concrete announcement regarding a release date. We're not quite there yet though. My apology for the length of time this is taking but we believe the wait will be worth it.

regards,

Paavo.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Just wanted to add my bit to this thread in support for a Mac version of Har-Bal. This tool is invaluable to me and currently I need to switch back to Windows after editing audio on my MacBook Pro. A bit painful, but I kind of stack up enough tracks that warrant a longer 'fixing' session in Windows.

If I could use Har-Bal natively under OS X all my audio production issues would be resolved! With the news of Wavelab 7.0 being released a little later this year with Mac compatibility, it now really makes sense that Har-Bal for the Mac would be part of this workflow.

The app is a must-have for anyone serious about fixing the sonic quality of their productions.

Roll on development for the Mac! Would be like Christmas when that day arrives.

Brendan :)
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Well, it might be Christmas when it arrives.

The version 3.0 re-write is progressing well, albeit behind our original plans, but given the amount of new somewhat complex technology added in this version, it isn't that surprising that it is taken longer than we'd hoped.

It's looking like a beta release of version 3.0 for Windows by around September this year, after which I'll be working on getting the Mac version finalised, which should take a month or two as the code base is mostly portable code now. So It could well be that a version 3.0 beta for Mac will be available in December this year.

If you are not aware of what is going in to this version you might like to check out this thread and see what you'll be getting:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1017

cheers,

Paavo.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks Paavo . . . all looks very exciting and promises to be nothing short of spectacular. Definitely will be one of the best Christmas presents I've given myself in a long time. Eagerly looking forward to that!

Brendan