Suggestions for creative use

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
Jyri T.

Suggestions for creative use

Post by Jyri T. »

Hi, y'all!

I know others have been talking about these things before, but I chose to start a new topic nonethesame.

I would like to see two additions in a future version of the Har-Bal that might help some people to use it in more ways than today. I know these features would probably not be used widely but some would find them useful.

1) Mix control. At the moment the filter is applied at 100% strength. Sometimes it would be good to do just, e.g., 50%, if you want to harmonize several songs but don't want them to sound exactly the same. Or -100% if you want to cut off the frequencies you have boosted in another file.

2) Supplemental filters. Sometimes you want to use several filters on top of each other. E.g. you find a nice balance for the material but you want to use the "fix-my-acoustics"-filter while you work to correct the problems with your mixing room so that what you hear is what you get. Nowadays you need to export the file and re-import it to use each new filter.

Also, the zoom in and out could be more straight forward. Just plain "zoom in" and "zoom out" buttons would do.

Best,
J
PristineAudio

Re: Suggestions for creative use

Post by PristineAudio »

Jyri T. wrote:Also, the zoom in and out could be more straight forward. Just plain "zoom in" and "zoom out" buttons would do.

...but only as an alternative to the current system, which is perfect for me! :D