VST EQ Player?

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
mikedocy

VST EQ Player?

Post by mikedocy »

How about a stand-alone VST "EQ player"? You would import (to this "player") the filter coefficients that you created and exported from a normal Har-Bal session.

Here is an example of use: (guitars, bass, drums, vocals rock band).
I create the mix of the entire band in the normal way using my DAW except that
I create a separate sub mix for the music and another separare submix for the vocal.
I render the music submix to a stereo wav file and process this in Har-Bal. I import
the resultant Harbalized music submix back into my DAW and mute the original non-Harbalized music submix. Usually all is well so I turn on the vocal submix and the Harbalized music submix and render to a new stereo wav file and then any other processing if necessary such as mastering limiter. The song is done.

Many times the Harbalized music file will be changed enough from Harbalization (example: bass guitar now too loud in the mix) that I will go back to the original submix,
tweak it, then Har-Balize it again using the previous filter data and re-import it. etc.

The VST "EQ player" would allow me to tweak the mix (ie: turn down bass guitar)without needing to Import and export additional times. Usually the tweaking of the mix is so small that it doesn't require a completely new Har-Bal session. In this case I would use the previous saved filter file.

Does this make sense? Am I crazy???

Thanks,
Mike D.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Mike,

That is exactly the sort of VST plug we may end up doing at some stage. That and an analysis plug that can give you har-bal spectrum analysis while you play your tracks in your DAW.

However, I'm increadibly busy trying to nut out the detail of the new analysis engine for the next version of har-bal so unfortunately I do not have time for any of this. Can't see it happening for quite some time!

Sorry,

Paavo.