"Harbal", so easy a Deaf Man could do it.

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
SkipB

"Harbal", so easy a Deaf Man could do it.

Post by SkipB »

At first I have to admit that Harbal was a little intimidating,especially with all the latest features that have been added. But you know after hours and hours of looking at wave forms and listening time and time again....well you know. Then it became apparent that I truly trusted what this program does for me. Sure we all try to have the best we can afford,and theres still a few items of equipment that I still only dream about,but hey I'm doing ok. When I'm not mastering I'm reading and studying frequencies, My hunger to achieve the ultimate sound with what I have, is always on my mind or in my dreams.Anyway my point here is,I can bring a song I know that might have some problems into Harbal, tweak it and save it without having to listen to the end result, because I trust it that much. When you eventually learn what this program is made for its like being re-born. Everyone asks me now how I get such a great sound thats so clear from so little. I just tell em learn your Frequencies and by all means get Harbal.
"Who's worried about the marsh when your up to your waist in Alligators"
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hi Skip,

I'm really glad you're getting such great results without too much effort. I know what you mean, though I'd encourage you to listen to your changes committing to them!

I know you said that partly in jest but I just want to make our (Earle and my) opinion clear on this and that is you should listen to the track changes to validate them. On many occasions you can certainly get great results without listening to your changes but there are always nuances that can only be found through listening and some tracks just aren't simple to interpret from average spectrum alone.

The only other thing I'd say is that although I think Har-Bal is good, there is a class of problem recordings that Har-Bal can't do much with (albeit small) but I am working on addressing that in the re-write of Har-Bal. I'm confident the changes I plan to put in place will be able to handle those fringe problems with relative ease and transparency.

Cheers,

Paavo.
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

hehehe yes I really wasn't expecting for someone to take it all literally. I do listen to changes but they seem to be good most all the time. Anyway if someones recording is not up to par and needs re-mixing or even re-recording I just will not except it.I have learned to say no.
"Who's worried about the marsh when your up to your waist in Alligators"