Realitme Frequence Display

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
electro

Realitme Frequence Display

Post by electro »

Look at this EQ. It displays the realtime frequency spectrum as well as the plot.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... ry-eq.html

Har-Bal should adopt this idea and be ported to VST3 so we can use it as a plugin.
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

The re-design I'm working on includes that as a feature but it won't be a VST plug because the stuff I will be doing in the new design is simply not possible as a VST plug, at least not in an effective and usable manner.

The power behind the new analysis engine design goes way beyond what Har-Bal currently is. When a working version is available then perhaps you'll understand why a plugin simply isn't an option. To do what I'd like to do in a DAW requires a new DAW design that doesn't currently exist.

However, I may at some stage in the future develop a plugin as part of the Har-Bal suite but it will be functionally pretty limited compare to where I am taking Har-Bal to so the stand-alone product will always be the key focus.

Regards,

Paavo.
electro

Post by electro »

Take a look at the concepts behind Elevayta Spaceboy and Elevayta Streamboy. elevayta.com

You could have Harbal standalone communicating with a special Harbal VST 3 plug that applies the filter based on the file analyzed by the Standalone Harbal.

It would be the user's responsibility to make certain the file loaded in Harbal standalone and the audio streaming into the VST Version of Harbal is the same.

Oh and will the redesign finally give us a standard loop function?