plugins

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

GSPEN

plugins

Post by GSPEN »

Hello all, I bought a Mac G4 from someone and he gave me some plugins. I'm usinf Pro tools 6.4. Is there any way to get these plugins to show up i my sessions?
thanks
cenzi

Post by cenzi »

I have had pro tools for at least 3 yrs now, and I did a swtich up to Tiger and to Protools 6.9, and I lost EVERYSINGLE plugin, eventhough I can see them in the folder.... how the hell can I make them work.... PLEASE someone help me!
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

This is a perfect reason NOT to use the 'latest' OS or software. If your system works - leave it alone.

I am still using Mac OS 9.1 on my G4 running PT 5.1.3.

Going up is NOT going to increase the quality of the music.

I may move to OS X after OS 11 comes out.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Well, I dunno if I agree with that, I use the latest Windows OS and the latest version of Sonar and I have no problems with it...but then, Sonar support standard plugs...whereas PT only plays well with it's own kind ;-)
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

I'm refering to these incremental .X upgrades (i.e., 10.3 to 10.4).

Plus, 'Tiger' has only been out a few weeks. Let the bugs be worked out by someone else.

It's one thing to move to a particular OS for a desired application's minimum requirement - not the other way around.

Anyways, one needs to use PT 6.9.2 to run on Mac OS 10.4.

http://www.digidesign.com/download/692/