improving final product

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

josabags

improving final product

Post by josabags »

Hi thanks again for the previous help,the onlything is improving my skills.i have aTracks,Ozone3.Pro tools producerpro bundle,andWaves power maxx,I use Sound forge and CD Architect if it not to muuch trouble would you pleasegive alittle guidance in improvingyhe Finale product.I;m using aPC xp home edition, protools 002 :o :?
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

All you need is time, practice and experience...nothing that you can just go and buy...
DjSolstice

Post by DjSolstice »

It can really help to have a commerical track inside your project at all times to listen to and compare with. This helps you move more in the right direction without steering away and not realising it. I believe its one of the biggest helps in trying to achieve a better mix.
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

"I record in 44/24 and master at 96/32"

Why do you do that?

I assume that when you make your mix file (before mastering) you end up with a 44.1kHz / 24-bit stereo file.

But why do you master at 96/32 knowing that you final product needs to be 44.1/16?

You do utilize dithering to make that final 44.1/16-bit file?

Seems to me that you should master at 44.1/24 and then dither down to 16-bits for your CD master.
Hyvver

improving final product

Post by Hyvver »

I use Costco as well. I was shooting in sRGB and now am using Adobe RGB. Looks like I should really being using ProPhoto. I know it has the widest Gaumt but what difference does it make if all my prints have to "dumbed-down" to sRGB for printing at Costco?