need help on how to record vocals on Nuendo 2

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

placefind

need help on how to record vocals on Nuendo 2

Post by placefind »

I have a m-audio delta sound card with Two mics connections .sound is working properly I imported music track to Nuendo from Goldwave...I want to record vocals however I do not know how to capture the mic sound on Nuendo...do not know how to import the mic to a track for recording.......Any Advice
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: need help on how to record vocals on Nuendo 2

Post by har-bal »

placefind wrote:I have a m-audio delta sound card with Two mics connections .sound is working properly I imported music track to Nuendo from Goldwave...I want to record vocals however I do not know how to capture the mic sound on Nuendo...do not know how to import the mic to a track for recording.......Any Advice

Open Nuendo and go to

Devices\VST Connections and click on "Add Bus"

You will see an "Add Bus" window appear. Choose mono or stereo and click ok for the amount of outputs you have on your soundcard. Should be 4 if you are using what I think you're using.

When you are done click on File/Save as template from the Nuendo tool bar and give it a name. Now you won't have to do this every time.

You should be able to open Nuendo and click on File/New Project and go to your template name.

On the extreme top of each one of your "Bus" faders you will see the name "Mono In" click on it and choose where the particular instrument will be coming in from. In other words if you have a keyboard coming in on inout one change it to "Mono IN" and the corresponding number.
Cheers

Earle
placefind

Post by placefind »

Earle Thank You !!!! i got it however the mic plays in only mono just the left side ..can i get it to display in stereo........
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

placefind wrote:Earle Thank You !!!! i got it however the mic plays in only mono just the left side ..can i get it to display in stereo........

Absolutely

Just choose stereo when you "Add Bus".

You will see an "Add Bus" window appear. Choose mono or STEREO and click ok for the amount of outputs you have on your soundcard. Should be 4 if you are using what I think you're using.

OR

If it appears to record in mono....when you play it back it should be playing through both speakers. Check your pan control and make sure it isn't pointing to one side.

Earle