GET PRO TOOLS HELP HERE

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

Triniti

GET PRO TOOLS HELP HERE

Post by Triniti »

POST ALL QUESTIONS PERTANING TO THE OPERATION OF
PRO TOOLS TDM, HD and LE
FROM BASIC SETUP TO ADVANCE OPTIONS .
jammer

Re: GET PRO TOOLS HELP HERE

Post by jammer »

Triniti wrote:POST ALL QUESTIONS PERTANING TO THE OPERATION OF
PRO TOOLS TDM, HD and LE
FROM BASIC SETUP TO ADVANCE OPTIONS .

just a note, you should NOT use all capitals on forums like these ... that is SHOUTING at readers ...

:D
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

hmmm, wasn't aware jammer has become a forum spokesperson... :P
jammer

Post by jammer »

dbmasters wrote:hmmm, wasn't aware jammer has become a forum spokesperson... :P

heh heh ... :D just a friendly note!
esteubs

help with pro tools

Post by esteubs »

I am trying to export files out of protools to MP3 at 64k and 41000khz. Once they are exported and I listen back to them through iTunes, or any other program, I find that the pitch has changed. It is lower. The total run time is still the same...but the pitch is not. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: help with pro tools

Post by har-bal »

esteubs wrote:I am trying to export files out of protools to MP3 at 64k and 41000khz. Once they are exported and I listen back to them through iTunes, or any other program, I find that the pitch has changed. It is lower. The total run time is still the same...but the pitch is not. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks

esteubs

The problem is you are changing the sample rate instead of converting it. That is why you have a pitch change.

Earle
esteubs

Post by esteubs »

Thanks!
Akira the Great

Post by Akira the Great »

I'm trying to create a loop within Pro-Tools with some tracks that have MIDI on them. How do I move around the MIDI tracks like the audio tracks while keeping it all together?
zumbido

pro Tools MIDI looping

Post by zumbido »

Simply highlight the region (i.e., bars, beats) and 'duplicate'. On Mac that's 'command D'. Press 'command D' as many times as you need.

I'd suggest doing this with complete measures before trying to loop short lengths until you get the concept. AND, probably do it along with the audio tracks that you are looping. Use the 'grid' for best results.

You can do it in the MIDI Events window, but it's more difficult.

You can also grab/highlight the region that you want to loop, 'copy' and then set the cursor where you want to start the loop and 'paste'. You can only do one track at a time this way, though.
bloodyozz

Pro Tools: Save a session as text

Post by bloodyozz »

Is there a way to save a session as text? I want an organized print-out of all settings for each wave channel and auxiliary channel, but don't want to record it manually. Is there a way to tell Pro Tools to print this out for me?
Tony Catalfamo
zumbido

PT

Post by zumbido »

I don't understand why you would need to 're-save' what is already saved with the session. All of your plug-in settings can be saved. All fader, panning, muting moves can be saved. Everything with the session file.

Please expand on why you would need this additional text backup.

By the way, you can either 'screen capture/grab' on a MAC or 'print screen' on a PC and save/print a 'visual' template.

Other than that, I don't know another way.
dviera

Post by dviera »

I'm not sure if this forum is still alive.. but I am having trouble getting my Akai MPC2000xl beats onto my comp.. i have it setup through my digi001.. and protools wont pick it up.. any idea?
BlueRiot

Error 1133

Post by BlueRiot »

Yeah, so I've owned protoosl LE and an Mbox for a little over a year, and when I recently moved I corrupted my drive; I have since reinstalled the software but when I try to boot Protools LE 6.1 it says "Digidesign hardware is in use by another application -1133"

I get a similar message when I try to launch CoreAudio.

Reality is that there is nothing that's using either piece of software or hardware, I close out of all applications and it still gives me the message... And frankly speaking, it's driving me nuts. I'm having to edit in audacity (shudder) so if anybody can help me out with this I'd totally appreciate it.

-Blue