GET NUENDO HELP HERE

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

Triniti

GET NUENDO HELP HERE

Post by Triniti »

POST ALL QUESTIONS PERTANING TO THE OPERATION OF
NUENDO
FROM BASIC SETUP TO ADVANCE OPTIONS
noob lass

using midi keyboard for nuendo

Post by noob lass »

Im not a very experienced user yet I'm afraid so this might sound really stupid but...

I have a juno-106 synth and im trying to get it to play in nuendo.

I can get the synth working through my mackie desk and monitors and I can also get midi signal and levels etc within a midi channel in nuendo - but I cant hear anything during playback!?

MY audio channels and such are all working fine its just this midi thing thats confusing me. When I attempt to record I am getting the gray area with little midi note data indications there on the screen and when I play back I see the levels on screen but no sound comes out.

Do I need some kind of patch back and if so how do I go about making that please?

I would really appreciate any assistance on this :) Cheers

Noob lass x
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

Couple things...

You need two MIDI cables one going to Nuendo and another returning back to your synth.

Make sure that you have the synth set to 'Local Off' - you'll have to figure that out with your particular instrument - otherwise you'll get an annoying echo. 'Local Off' prevents the 'actual' keyboard from playing the sounds. This will also let you know if you have created a loop through your set up. Because what you want is the MIDI, that you sending, to be RETURNED to your synth to play the sounds - not the keyboard.

If you have, as you described, a 'recorded' MIDI track then check that you are sending out, from Nuendo, on the SAME MIDI channel that your synth is set to receive MIDI (this does not neccessarily need to be the same as the send channel if you have a multitambral instrument). Also check to see that you have MIDI receive activated.

I'm not a Nuendo user but this is the same on any system.

It sounds like you are about 90% there.
R4mPaGe

Post by R4mPaGe »

i am using nuendo 3.0 and i have lots of .wav instruments that i bought online i want to use these instruments on my midi keyboard or my alesis sr-16 how do i set up nuendo to use these sounds?