Recommended STEREO PANNING

Please post your Mixing Question here for Pro Tools, Logic Audio and GigaStudio. Zumbido is our resident expert.

petr

Recommended STEREO PANNING

Post by petr »

Hello Earle, Hello Paavo, Hello all H-B Friends!
I have another amatheur question.
I use the Cubase 3 SE. I have 6 tracks (Bass guitar, Left guitar, right guitar, left percussion, Right percussion, lead vocal). I catch a recording from the mixpult on a concert of a heavy metal band - my friends.
As I read about problems how impportant it is to do the proper stereo - panning I would like to ask you what panning would you recommend me in the Cubase 3 SE as the standard one?
When switching from stereo to mono I sometimes hear that the sound of my mono mixdown is unnatural.
Can you write me some recommended numbers for the cubase and where would you put the guitars and percussions? What should be at the end (edge) the guitars or the perrcussions?
Bass and the vocal I put in the middle of course.
Thanks Friends!
Cheers!
Petr
PS:
My last used edge was I think 57 RL for guitars and something less for the percussions - that means that I place the percussions more to the middle. But I already had the guitars on numbers more than 70, which I think is a big difference, so what is the default recommended setting? I want to have natural sound for all possible players.