1.51 - unable to play

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
mflorio

1.51 - unable to play

Post by mflorio »

Hi,

Has anybody seen this in 1.51 ?

I opened a track that was previously analyzed with 1.50 (not sure if this has anything to do wth the problem). I was unable to drag the file position slider and clicking the play button did nothing at all. Simply couldn't get HB to play the file. This was only the second file I opened in 1.51 since installing it. The first file played fine. I checked the audio configuration parameters in HB, and they were all set properly (carried over from 1.50). Anyway, I'm back on 1.50 again - as I never experienced the problem with that version.

Mike
Diamond Jim

1.51 won't play

Post by Diamond Jim »

Having a similar problem with 1.51. In recently installed a Tascam FW-1884, got it working fine with Sonar 4. Closed down Sonar just in case, and opened HB, tried to load an exported wav file, loads fine, but won't play.

Checked the Drivers option and set it to the correct outs for the FW, but no luck.
HB used to work fine before chaning audio hardware.

Any suggestions anybody?

Jim
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

Note to Paavo:

Just to clarify what I mean by 'won't play'. It's not that I can't hear any audio per se, but the slider widget doesn't even move at all when I click the play button. It's as if HB thinks its at the end of the file or something (which is probably why I can't drag the slider either).

Mike
Diamond Jim

Post by Diamond Jim »

Same problem.
Slider won't move, and when I click play immediately starts and stops. No audio.
har-bal
Site Admin

Good evening

Post by har-bal »

I have sent you both the newest version with the updated LIBSNDFILE dll file.

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers

Earle
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Diamond Jim wrote:Same problem.
Slider won't move, and when I click play immediately starts and stops. No audio.
Jim

Try something for us. Click on Options/Driver and choose another sound driver such as multimedia or direct X and tell us if you hear anything at all.

Thanks

Earle
Diamond Jim

Post by Diamond Jim »

Earle

Well, a reboot seems to have fixed the problem.

I will let you know if I find any pattern here if it happens again.

Thanks,
Jim
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Diamond Jim wrote:Earle

Well, a reboot seems to have fixed the problem.

I will let you know if I find any pattern here if it happens again.

Thanks,
Jim
Quick question...Did this occur immediately after installing Tascam FW-1884 without a reboot?
Just need to know for future instances.

Thanks

Earle
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Sounds like dodgey INI data though I don't know. Did either of you install over the top of 1.5 or was it installed into a new folder? What happens if you delete the HarBal.ini from the harbal folder (when Harbal is not running) and run it again?

Paavo.
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

Yes, I did install 1.51 on top of 1.50. I assumed that in order to retain the user license info, you had to install on top of the existing version ? Is this not so ?

Anyway, I've since re-installed 1.50 and am quite happy with that version, so unfortunately I've not been able to try any of the above suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

That reminds me, what is the date stamp and file size of the LIBSNDFILE.DLL in your 1.51 installation? If the file size is around 300kB then it is probably the bad build that we initially released 1.51 with. The good build is more like 260kB in size. Quite a few version 1.51's were released with this bad build before we had things rectified and fixed. Perhaps yours is one of them. You can dowload the updated dll from here:

www.hdqtrz.com/Files/libsndfile.ZIP

Regards,

Paavo.

PS - Please note this only applies to version 1.51. This DLL is not compatible with version 1.50 of HarBal!
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

Paavo & Earle,

I've reinstalled and updated the dll. I did have the old one originally. So far so good, will let you know if I see the problem again.

Mike