UAD plugins

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
chams

UAD plugins

Post by chams »

You explain very clearly the use of Waves plugins. I use UAD1 plugs.
For the "match loudness" technique what would you sub for the threshold using this
limiter:

har-bal
Site Admin

Re: UAD plugins

Post by har-bal »

chams wrote:You explain very clearly the use of Waves plugins. I use UAD1 plugs.
For the "match loudness" technique what would you sub for the threshold using this
limiter:

Chams

That depends on the number that appeared on the fader when you pressed the match loudness button in Har-Bal.

If there was a gain of 3.6 on the fader in Har-Bal it would be negative -3.6 in the threshold of most limiters.

In this case I would assume you are using the input knob on this plugin. You would set the output for -0.1 and I guess the input knob is the equivalent of the threshold on this plugin. Start with zero and work your way downward to -3.6. You should hear an increase in volume. If not then maybe it is a +3.6 in this unit.

Yes, it is probably the positive number because I see where the meter states "gain reduction".

Earle
Last edited by har-bal on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chams

Post by chams »

Thanks, I'll check it out.