OT: Post Reply question

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Susan G

OT: Post Reply question

Post by Susan G »

Hi-

Whenever I click Post Reply I'm cycled back to the message list window. When I go back in and click Post Reply again it works and I can then reply. This happens every time. Is there anything to be done about this? I don't have a problem with other forums.

Thanks-

-Susan
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: OT: Post Reply question

Post by har-bal »

Susan G wrote:Hi-

Whenever I click Post Reply I'm cycled back to the message list window. When I go back in and click Post Reply again it works and I can then reply. This happens every time. Is there anything to be done about this? I don't have a problem with other forums.

Thanks-

-Susan
Susan

Our webmaster Dan will have a look at it. Until then instead of using "post reply" just click on "quote".

Thanks a million

Earle
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Interesting, never heard of this problem before, and never experienced it myself. Does it happen every time? Also on posting new topics or just replies? Does it ever log you out automagically?
elliot

Post by elliot »

do you have a pop up blocker enabled?
Susan G

Post by Susan G »

-Thanks, Earle!

-Dan: Yes, every time. I just tried New Topic and it happened there, too. No automagic logout, though (yet)<g>.

-elliot: Good thought, but I turned it off for this site and the problem persists.

It's not the end of the world, but it's a little anoying (and curious)!

Thanks-

-Susan
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

my first thought is, well, how are you posting now then, mys econd thought is, log out, go into your cookies and delete all cookies created by Har-Bal.com and log back in and see if that helps. Not having built PHPBB myself (my forums are better :-) ) I can't really see where it would even be happening...I will ask at their support forums tho...
Susan G

Post by Susan G »

Hi Dan-

I'm posting by clicking on either "New Post" or "Post Reply". Again, it does happen every time. I just get recycled back to the message board. I'll try deleting the Cookies and see if that helps. I've already posted a query re this, but by all means do so too if you're so inclined!

Thanks-

-Susan
dbmasters wrote:my first thought is, well, how are you posting now then, mys econd thought is, log out, go into your cookies and delete all cookies created by Har-Bal.com and log back in and see if that helps. Not having built PHPBB myself (my forums are better :-) ) I can't really see where it would even be happening...I will ask at their support forums tho...
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

::mumble, mumble::

I hate PHPBB
Susan G

Post by Susan G »

Dan-
dbmasters wrote:my first thought is, well, how are you posting now then, mys econd thought is, log out, go into your cookies and delete all cookies created by Har-Bal.com and log back in and see if that helps. Not having built PHPBB myself (my forums are better :-) ) I can't really see where it would even be happening...I will ask at their support forums tho...
I just realized I didn't answer your question clearly. It always recycles the first time, whether with New Post, Post Reply, or reply with Quote, which I tried just now, but it also always works the second time with any of the above. Very odd...

-Susan
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

oh, well, that kinda changes things, that is really weird...thanks for clearing it up.

Now the phpbb web site got hacked and is down, so I will have to wait for checking in to it.

Just FYI, the server was apparantly hacked from a vulnerability in AWStats, a common log analyzing app. But, they could be saying that just to cover their tracks too, so who knows.