More .anl files, please

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

dbmasters wrote:I am also thinking that the uploader tool could be used to upload song filters for the filter bank and such as well, thereby not having to email you guys each time somebody wants to upload their filter.

We will limit the file size to prevent people from being able to upload malicious files and forcing only a couple of extensions to be able to go up...the more I think about it, it'll be cool!

Dan

Thank you a million times for your assistance with the forum upgrade. We really appreciate your help and knowledge.

The database will become a library that users worldwide will find helpful. I think between the filterbank and the .anl database, the process of eq'ing a file will move to the next level.
We may place a link directly from Har-Bal's menu bar that allows registered users access to the .anl database.

Earle
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

Jerry Pettit wrote:That's what I'm thinking. I think it would really be a selling point.

"As an added bonus, choose from thousands of songs analyzed with the software! You, too, can sound just like blah, blah, blah!!!"

Great software, by the way. Keep up the good work!

Jerry

Well Jerry, Dan was nice enough to build the dtabase you were inquiring about. You can go to our main page www.har-bal.com and click on the filter bank option from the main menu and upload either reference or filter files.

Earle
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Thanks Dan,

You did a great job on it. I just had to give it a try so posted a complete collection of filters that I used to re-master Joe Jacksons landmark "Night & Day" album. The album is musically very interesting with ideas Joe Jackson seems to keep going back to but the tonal balance of the recording leaves much to be desired. Looking at the analyses under HarBal gives you the picture. Looks largely like room acoustic / monitoring environment issues cos the nature of the colouration is similar for all tracks. Overall I was very pleased with the re-mastering, though it took some time to get the sound I thought it deserved owing to the amount of EQ needed.

Paavo.
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Glad to help. :D
jammer

Re: More .anl files, please

Post by jammer »

Jerry Pettit wrote:It would be nice to have more ".anl" files available for more genres, and perhaps for specific songs and song-types.

For instance, if I had done a song I wanted to sound like, oh, Bing Crosby's "White Christmas", or Metallica's "Enter Sandman"--it would be nice to be able to use "White_Christmas.anl" or "Enter_Sandman.anl" as a reference.

Jerry
check this out then !!!!

http://www.har-bal.com/ipw-web/bulletin ... .php?t=327