How Do You loop a file from beginning to end?

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
electro

Post by electro »

har-bal
Site Admin

Re: How Do You loop a file from beginning to end?

Post by har-bal »

electro wrote:How Do You loop a file from beginning to end?
Electro

1. Load your track into Har-Bal
2. While file is playing press the loop icon.
3. Track will loop from that point.

You can also let the file play almost to the end and then press the loop button, but most folks just choose a start position by dragging the slider to a particular spot in their mix and allowing it to play and then pressing the loop icon.
It's really not necessary to loop an entire track and much more effective to loop a region and make corrections.

You can only turn the loop icon on/off while the track is playing.

Cheers

Earle
electro

Post by electro »

har-bal wrote:
It's really not necessary to loop an entire track and much more effective to loop a region and make corrections.
I have a 2 bar loop that I want to loop indefinetly while I use Har-Bal. It should be a perfect loop so it does not sound like there is a gap inbetween each repeat.
har-bal wrote:
This seems to be the source of the problem. I am looking for a loop function just like the one in Wavelab 3 and 4.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

electro wrote:
har-bal wrote:
I have a 2 bar loop that I want to loop indefinetly while I use Har-Bal. It should be a perfect loop so it does not sound like there is a gap inbetween each repeat.
har-bal wrote:
This seems to be the source of the problem. I am looking for a loop function just like the one in Wavelab 3 and 4.
Ahhh!!

I understand, Paavo can possibly implement this in the next maintenance upgrade.....just out of curiousity is there a special reason you need it to loop from the beginning to the end, because you only need a small portion of the spectrum to analyze and correct the entire song.

Earle
electro

Post by electro »

har-bal wrote:
electro wrote:
har-bal wrote: It's really not necessary to loop an entire track and much more effective to loop a region and make corrections.
har-bal wrote: You can only turn the loop icon on/off while the track is playing.
Ahhh!!

I understand, Paavo can possibly implement this in the next maintenance upgrade.....just out of curiousity is there a special reason you need it to loop from the beginning to the end, because you only need a small portion of the spectrum to analyze and correct the entire song.

Earle
Yes. I am often dealing with a 2 or 4 bar section that is done in a few seconds if you play it without looping. Exported from Cubase SX it is already a perfect # of bars, so looping it will make it a perfect loop that runs indefinetly.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

electro wrote:
har-bal wrote:
electro wrote: I have a 2 bar loop that I want to loop indefinetly while I use Har-Bal. It should be a perfect loop so it does not sound like there is a gap inbetween each repeat.
Ahhh!!

Earle
Yes. I am often dealing with a 2 or 4 bar section that is done in a few seconds if you play it without looping. Exported from Cubase SX it is already a perfect # of bars, so looping it will make it a perfect loop that runs indefinetly.
Understood :)