Slow & fast songs

If you are looking for advice on how to use Har-Bal best, or you have some tips of your own, post them here!
Bracelet Z

Slow & fast songs

Post by Bracelet Z »

Hello guys and Earle!

I have recently mixed two songs. The first one is 86 BPM and another one - 126 BPM. Ocourse, I used Har-Bal:) And maybe it is the first time that I discovered a big differences when trying to master them. In the song, which is 86 BPM, I had a lot of room to work with and reached great RMS results. I had problems with 126 BPM song. I was not able to reach the same RMS as it was in the slow song. And the fast song seems to be too busy. Everything sounds too squashed. So, collegues, what do You think? Is it the problem with EQ? Why did this happen? Should I throw away some instruments or EQ them in other way? Har-Bal did not show me big peaks. Some, but not too musch:)

Thank You!

Sincerely,
Bracelet Z
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Slow & fast songs

Post by har-bal »

Bracelet Z wrote:Hello guys and Earle!

I have recently mixed two songs. The first one is 86 BPM and another one - 126 BPM. Ocourse, I used Har-Bal:) And maybe it is the first time that I discovered a big differences when trying to master them. In the song, which is 86 BPM, I had a lot of room to work with and reached great RMS results. I had problems with 126 BPM song. I was not able to reach the same RMS as it was in the slow song. And the fast song seems to be too busy. Everything sounds too squashed. So, collegues, what do You think? Is it the problem with EQ? Why did this happen? Should I throw away some instruments or EQ them in other way? Har-Bal did not show me big peaks. Some, but not too musch:)

Thank You!

Sincerely,
Bracelet Z
Bracelet

Can you do us a favor? Go to the main page of www.hdqtrz.com and you will see a yousendit.com link. Send (in wave format) 30 seconds of your file so we can analyze it for you. I have an idea of why this is happening, but I would like to see it for myself just to be sure.

Cheers

Earle