need help with my mix please

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
slim

need help with my mix please

Post by slim »

hi, i am thinking of buying harbal, i think it's great, but i am still having some troubles with my mix. I'm doing a hip hop instrumental and would like some feedback and instructions on how to fix this specific song using t-racks and harbal. (or if i need to change something in the mix too...) I think i could take that info and apply it to my other songs and learn some things from you wiser guys. Then I'd feel more comfortable on purchasing the products when i see the results. If someone wouldn't mind helping out i could send them a pic of my graph from the demo version and the song. please let me know..Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work!
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: need help with my mix please

Post by har-bal »

slim wrote:hi, i am thinking of buying harbal, i think it's great, but i am still having some troubles with my mix. I'm doing a hip hop instrumental and would like some feedback and instructions on how to fix this specific song using t-racks and harbal. (or if i need to change something in the mix too...) I think i could take that info and apply it to my other songs and learn some things from you wiser guys. Then I'd feel more comfortable on purchasing the products when i see the results. If someone wouldn't mind helping out i could send them a pic of my graph from the demo version and the song. please let me know..Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work!
Slim

Place a link to your track in the Filter Bank section
http://www.har-bal.com/ipw-web/bulletin ... m.php?f=11
so we can download 30 seconds of your song. If you are unable to do this send us 30 seconds of your song from the main page at www.hdqtrz.com

Earle
slim

Post by slim »

thanks earle. i sent a clip to www.hdqtrz.com
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

slim wrote:thanks earle. i sent a clip to www.hdqtrz.com
Great, I will check it out later and provide you feedback.

Earle
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

slim wrote:thanks earle. i sent a clip to www.hdqtrz.com
Slim

If you go to our filter page http://www.har-bal.com/members.php?a=l&dt=filter you will find a filter you can download which I created for you.. I named it Slim. You will see the changes I made in the 43.1 and 129hz bass region which was apppearently dominating the song. I also low shelved it at 40hz

Since you are only using the demo version you will hear it in 8bit.

Cheers

Earle
slim

Post by slim »

Thank you very much earle. Just wanted to ask...Was everything you did done in harbal? One more thing, my bass region had a deep straight drop off to the mids, did u just pull up that region in harbal to make the drop off more gradual?

Thank you very much for your time and support...
Slim
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

slim wrote:Thank you very much earle. Just wanted to ask...Was everything you did done in harbal? One more thing, my bass region had a deep straight drop off to the mids, did u just pull up that region in harbal to make the drop off more gradual?

Thank you very much for your time and support...
Slim
Slim

Everything was done in Har-Bal. You only have to load the filter and you will see the change. You can actually see the before and after by clicking on the second button to the left on the bottom right hand side of the program.

Cheers

Earle