Tab Key

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Sonny Wade

Tab Key

Post by Sonny Wade »

When using Har-Bal on a laptop, is there an alternative or workaround to using the tab key to toggle between the green and yellow lines?
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

No there isn't, but if you make a suggestion I can certainly look at putting it in to the next release. What key would you rather have to toggle between traces?

By ther way, in version 1.51 the tab key will move between traces even when the left mouse button isn't down (provided you have the parametric or shelving tools selected). I'd thought I'd mention it as it may be a "sort of" work around to the issue you have at the moment.

Regards,

Paavo.
Sonny Wade

Tab Key

Post by Sonny Wade »

Hi Paavo,

Any key will do as I only mention this because my Toshiba Satelite laptop doesn't have a "tab" key. It is also a problem when trying to use Reason and trying to quickly access the back panel.

Thank you for your attention. Your software has changed my life.

Sonny
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

I see. That is a problem then.

In the short term I'll provide a second option to that key combination. In the long term we'll put as much of the gui definition into text scripts that can be easily customised. It'll also mean we'll be able to easily have multi-lingual support just by changing a few script files.

Thanks for the insight.

Paavo.