Couple of Questions For Hal Bar team

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
Robert H

Couple of Questions For Hal Bar team

Post by Robert H »

This may seem a very strange question and I would understand if there was no reply. But my question is serious....I have been caught out in the past with relying on a certain software package or plugin, and then the company vanishes. One in particular was a plugn called rAlkaline for Pro tools mix series. I constantly used this plugin and one day it was gone. There was no replacement available or even anything like it for Pro tools.

So, If I get really used to working with Hal Bar how do I know you will be around in a year or two.

I sort of feel a bit stupid asking..

I know your working on the OSX port. Cool... When will that be finished?

And, do you know when the next version of Hal Bar for PC would be available.

OH, and a little suggestion:
it might be a good idea to disable the required login for the forum. I have found that forums like that from new companies get more traffic and maybe more sales. I saw this happen on some other manufacturers forums. Its a bit like passing trade I suppose..
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

Well, in all seriousness, you run the risk of a company disappearing with any package...it's kind of the nature of capitalism. However, considering how Har-Bal is running itself, and surely WITHOUT speaking for them, it appears they are doing the right things to keep the company around.

1- they have a great product
2- they are not expanding and stretching themselves too thin or creating a lot of overhead, just sticking to what they do best

It's only the two of them, Earle and Paavo, which creates low overhead, they aren't spreading into retail sales via hard product in stores, which creates more overhead, but sticking to internet sales.

I believe in HarBal and their business model...they are working very hard to prioritize their time and energy wisely and not making rash decisions.

Now, as the webmaster, I will speak regarding your final comment...the forum didn't require a login at one time, but we had a few people come in just being jerks, pedalling their wares, trying to make HarBal look bad (and failing) and just trying to create havok...it was after a few episodes like that which made Earle and I decide to close the forum. This is, after all, a customer support forum. A geniune customer shouldn't have much of a problem registering for support. While we all see the advantages and visiblity of an open forum, it does not come without a price.

In my humble opinion.
Robert H

Post by Robert H »

Yeh, I guess your right. Its a bit like asking them to look in to the future with a crystal ball, and come to think of it my question was completely non product related so its probably a bit on the personal side.

Of course I very much hope they do stick around :)

Thanks for the explanation on the forum.
Robert H

Post by Robert H »

Actually reading back my first post I must have been on crack or something when I wrote it. What dumbo asks a company when they think they are going to go down the tubes :roll:

I have sent myself to bed without dinner....!