just some small sugestions

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
mario

just some small sugestions

Post by mario »

Hi!
I'm using Harbal a lot and I'm very satisfied with all the help I get from this program.

Here are some small things that can maybe be more practical.
Loop functionality. I work with the Cubase SX and often change from Harbal to SX to check some small part of a song or some 8 bar drum loop ( exported piece of music) . It will be nice to have just a normal loop that will repeat the whole piece of music or to have a loop start and loop end markers to make more precise settings. Part of that suggestion is also some sort of switch for releasing Asio driver in background like Cubase and Wavelab have. Otherwise I need to exit Harbal when going back to Cubase.
Is it possible to make music jump to new position when I click with a mouse on a timeline? Now I need to stop it first then move to new position on timeline and start it again. One more not so important thing ...when opening a reference file...I find that it will be faster if Open dialog is just like normal Open file dialog.. to avoid double browsing.
Mario
Thom

Post by Thom »

Hey Mario, here is a possible workaround for the asio driver release issue.

I am able to choose between three different drivers on my pc - direct x, multimedia, and sound card native.

I use the sound card native driver for cubase and I use the multimedia or direct x driver for harbal, so now there is no need to exit harbal while using cubase.

Maybe you can do something like this too?

Thom
dbmasters

Post by dbmasters »

I agree about the looping function...what I would like to see is a small view of the songs waveform, and beginning and end sliders that default to the very beginning and end of the track, but can be moved in to any location to set loop points...like have the loop points above the wave form and the location of the playback point on the bottom...

I dunno, I have thought that for a long time.

What say ye?
mario

Post by mario »

Thanks Thom
I will try it your way with the Asio drivers.

dbmasters..your idea with the waveform view is good..all this loop stuff is more obvious when I work with a short piece of music because then there is not enough time to click the loop button on a right spot and make it sound nice and uninterrupted.