har-bal vs auto audio mastering system

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
vtay317

har-bal vs auto audio mastering system

Post by vtay317 »

i am very interested in this product but found another program similar called auto audio mastering system and would like to know what the difference between the two are if anyone can help me it would help me a great deal for i am very confused. thanx :?:
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

Hello Vtay317,

The last time I heard of AAMS was about a year ago so forgive me if my understanding of the product is incorrect. At that time, AAMS was prinicipally an analysis program which anaylsed a tracks spectrum and gave "advice" on what sort of EQ to apply. It did not have any EQ in-built. The comments from the author were along the lines that he wanted it that way as the quality of outboard equipment was (in his opinion) superior.

Har-Bal is analysis and EQ with EQ implemented digitally in computer code. In our view the quality of the EQ found in Har-Bal is very good and most importantly, transparent. Certainly, you may find "analog wamth" in very expensive outbound gear but it comes at a cost not affordable by most. The other thing that Har-Bal provides which no other comparable product has is loudness compensation. This feature is invaluable to those wishing to make good EQ decisions based on how the EQ sounds, particularly if you are inexperienced or lack "golden ears".

My advice would be simply to try both products and buy whichever you prefer. If you find the demo version of Har-Bal too uninformative because of the 8 bit limitation we do have a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee.

regards,

Paavo.