ozone

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
vtay317

ozone

Post by vtay317 »

has anyone used the izotope ozone mastering plugin with har-bal and if so how do you do that. i know it may seem stupid but i am new to mastering. thankx for you time and interest.
zumbido

Post by zumbido »

When using Ozone AFTER Har-Bal, not unlike using T-RackS, all you'll need is the multi-band limiter section.

You will not need the EQ section - Har-Bal will handle that MUCH better. If you really need that 'fake' stereo imaging that is available in most of these mastering plug-ins, go back to your mix and do it there.

But Ozone is only $200 and T-RackS is about $250, so what can it hurt to have 'em both (Ozone & Har-Bal or T-RackS & Har-Bal)?

I use T-RackS AFTER Har-Bal.
har-bal
Site Admin

Post by har-bal »

zumbido wrote:When using Ozone AFTER Har-Bal, not unlike using T-RackS, all you'll need is the multi-band limiter section.

You will not need the EQ section - Har-Bal will handle that MUCH better. If you really need that 'fake' stereo imaging that is available in most of these mastering plug-ins, go back to your mix and do it there.

But Ozone is only $200 and T-RackS is about $250, so what can it hurt to have 'em both (Ozone & Har-Bal or T-RackS & Har-Bal)?

I use T-RackS AFTER Har-Bal.
Zumbido is correct. Use Har-Bal to correct the spectral image of your track and then use T-Racks. The final sound will blow you away!

Earle