"ASIO driver open failure" message

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Susan G

"ASIO driver open failure" message

Post by Susan G »

Hi-

I get this trying to play any of the 3 "female.wav" files I downloaded from the reference files folder. My other .wavs play fine in Har-Bal, and the downloaded files play fine in CoolEdit, etc.

My card is an Echo Indigo I/O, and I'm using Har-Bal v. 1.51. I tried re-booting; no change.

Any idea why I'm getting this error on these particular files, and only in Har-Bal?

Thanks!

-Susan
HarBal
Site Admin

Post by HarBal »

That sounds unusual. Can it play the files using DirectX or MME drivers? What is the sampling rate and bit depth of the file? I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this would happen.

Regards,

Paavo.
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: "ASIO driver open failure" message

Post by har-bal »

Susan G wrote:Hi-

I get this trying to play any of the 3 "female.wav" files I downloaded from the reference files folder. My other .wavs play fine in Har-Bal, and the downloaded files play fine in CoolEdit, etc.

My card is an Echo Indigo I/O, and I'm using Har-Bal v. 1.51. I tried re-booting; no change.

Any idea why I'm getting this error on these particular files, and only in Har-Bal?

Thanks!

-Susan
Susan

I am receiving the same error.

You are receiving that message because the .wav file has a sampling rate of 11,025hz. You should be using the .anl as a reference and just playing the wave file in a regular sound editor to determine if it is something you want to use. I was trying to find 44,100hz samples but was unsuccessful :(

Maybe I will have some of those wave files removed.

Earle
Last edited by har-bal on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susan G

Post by Susan G »

Ok, thank you both for your quick replies!

-Susan