I mixed my song, used Harbal, then compressed and limited.

Having problems using the greatest Visual Mastering software of the century? Use this area of the Forum to post your technical questions to Earle and Paavo regarding Har-Bal or ask questions regarding how to work on a certain area of the software? Post away!
Anil Singh

I mixed my song, used Harbal, then compressed and limited.

Post by Anil Singh »

I found a problem this weakend after Playing my mix in my car. I mixed the song, used Harbal, then compressed and limited the song, went to my car, played it in my car. Now, when I played it at normal hearing, I would say 85dB everything sounded fantastic, the punch was there, the snap on the snare was there, that bass was round and so on. When I raised the volume to about 95-100 dB, it didn't sound the same anymore. The punch dissipated, the bass too muffled, the snare almost dissapeared. Does anyone have the same problem or is there something I can do.

I am using a bose system in my car. Mercedez ML40

Thanks in advance
kylen

Post by kylen »

Does you favorite (commercial or otherwise) reference CD do this also?
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: I mixed my song, used Harbal, then compressed and limite

Post by har-bal »

Anil Singh wrote:I found a problem this weakend after Playing my mix in my car. I mixed the song, used Harbal, then compressed and limited the song, went to my car, played it in my car. Now, when I played it at normal hearing, I would say 85dB everything sounded fantastic, the punch was there, the snap on the snare was there, that bass was round and so on. When I raised the volume to about 95-100 dB, it didn't sound the same anymore. The punch dissipated, the bass too muffled, the snare almost dissapeared. Does anyone have the same problem or is there something I can do.

I am using a bose system in my car. Mercedez ML40

Thanks in advance
Anil

Can you please send us a screen shot so we can see your spectral image. Also what settings did you use for compression and what were your limiter settings.

. Send to support@...you know the rest.

Thanks

Earle
mflorio

Post by mflorio »

Probably clipping... sounds like you're simply overloading your car amp/speakers ?