Opening two files (L mono & R mono) simultaneously

This area of the Forum is where you can post your suggestions and ideas for future update releases of Har-Bal, as well as any gripes you may have on the software, its useability and its interface.
MisterNegative

Opening two files (L mono & R mono) simultaneously

Post by MisterNegative »

Is there a way to open a pair of mono files representing the left and right channels of a stereo track ,as ProTools LE works only with mono sound files, even if the mix user interface shows them as a stereo file. When using Har-Bal to equalize an individual stereo track, I am forced to bounce the track to a stereo interleaved file, apply the Har-Bal process, then reconvert the result into two mono files. Besides the time consumed, I am always concerned about any loss of quality in the rendering process. I've seen nothing in the documentation or in the forums, but I have the utmost confidence in my ability to have missed it. Any would be appreciated.
Thanks
har-bal
Site Admin

Re: Opening two files (L mono & R mono) simultaneously

Post by har-bal »

MisterNegative wrote:Is there a way to open a pair of mono files representing the left and right channels of a stereo track ,as ProTools LE works only with mono sound files, even if the mix user interface shows them as a stereo file. When using Har-Bal to equalize an individual stereo track, I am forced to bounce the track to a stereo interleaved file, apply the Har-Bal process, then reconvert the result into two mono files. Besides the time consumed, I am always concerned about any loss of quality in the rendering process. I've seen nothing in the documentation or in the forums, but I have the utmost confidence in my ability to have missed it. Any would be appreciated.
Thanks
MisterNegative

Unfortunately you will have to continue this process. I see after doing much research that this is a major complaint for ProTools LE users. The software will not let them export a track as stereo interleaved. It really doesn't make much sense to me al all.

Maybe you can write them and find out if they have a utilityfor accomplishing this task.

Cheers

Earle